Friday, July 18, 2008

Tabs for Teegan



A special Thank You for Stacy Manifredi, whom I have never met in person. She made these images for use on collection containers to collect Pop Tabs for Teegan's Fund. She is not even living in the States! We are using the proceeds for gas cards for children from our community who have to travel for medical care. The help will be immediate and local. Erybody from bars to schools have helped with the collection to meet our goal of a truckload by her brithday, which is August 2nd. So far, we have about half of what we need. We got two weeks so call me i you have tabs you want me to get!

Also, I would like to thank 5 year old Baylee Snyder who is a complete stranger. Our local paper ran a story on her collecting tabs for Teegie. They featured a picture of her sitting on Teegan's Memorial Bench with her cans. Sooo cute!

One of Dane and Willie's friends dropped by a shopping bag full of them. It was massive and I bet it weighed twenty pounds! Thank you Whitney!!

To all our beer drinking firends who drink for the sole purpose of claiming the tab...you rock. :)

Also, another stranger to me, but friend of the in-laws; Mrs. Broccoli I believe, gave us a BUCKET of them. I think she is over 80. I wonder if she collected them off her own cans?? That's a lot of soda...or beer. I bet she had some help ;). Either way...YOU GO GIRL.

There has been a lot, so I will keep "poppin" in from time to time to run a list of Thank You's.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Oh wow-- Stacy did a great job!